DAWN is a social enterprise that tackles a wide span of socioeconomic issues by undertaking sustainable and innovative projects.
Our aim is to not only help the deprived to rise up but also to ensure that they have the ability and the means to remain standing.
WHAT WE DO
DAWN has four ideals on which projects are based on, these are;
1) The Winter Warmers Project 2014 taking place in December to provide clothes to the poor.
2) Project:KhataKolom a joint initiative with Team Perception in order to bridge the gap of knowledge between the privileged and the less privileged by opening a school in the slum area of Uttara.
4) Project:Fasting Feasts where around 800 people were fed in 6 food drives around Gulshan, Uttara and Airport Railway Station road.
5) The Winter Warmers Project 2015 the second iteration of our annual cloth drive provided clothes collected, to the destitute of North Bengal
6) DC.Co Training Program The objective of this program was to amalgamate and empower transgenders to give them proper stature in our society. Doing so, will allow them to be qualified in the requisite skills in order to be treated with equal importance as rest of the population. This will help them accrue the respect and attention that they deserve the part of.They were given classes on the basics of professionalism and customer relationship. The next part of our training program was held at the distinguished Marwa Kabab & restaurant where our Transgender candidates were given rudimentary lessons on cooking.
We make a living by what we get but we make a life of what we give- Winston Churchill